Stamford FIRST set a very ambitious timetable and had hoped to complete the Stamford Neighbourhood Plan within 18 months (we started January 2016). The average time to complete a neighbourhood plan – start to finish – is between 3 and 4 years. However, largely due to circumstances beyond our control, we now expect it to be complete in the Spring of 2018.
The primary cause for this delay has been hold-ups in the preparation of South Kesteven District Council’s Local Plan (in part due to local and now general elections). As the Stamford Neighbourhood Plan has to be compliant with SKDC’s Local Plan, our timings have been affected. Not withstanding any further delays the following is the timetable we are now working to –
- Drafting Plan – Jan – May 2017
- Policies, allocations, designations and community actions to fulfil the Plan objectives will be drafted and brought together into a draft plan.
- Initial meeting with SKDC to sign-off draft – June 2017
- Primarily to determine if due process has been adhered to, but also to determine whether the policies put forward are adequately supported by our evidence base.
- SKDC Local Plan consultation – June – August 2017
- SKDC will be consulting on their Local Plan for a six week period starting July 2017
- Stamford First will respond to this with evidence gathered from our residents research and other sources
- Review and redraft of NP – Sept/October 2017
- Public consultation on Stamford Plan – October/November 2017
- Subsequent to the Consultation the plan will be redrafted to reflect comment and feedback.
- Submission of final draft to Local Planning Authority (SKDC) – November 2017
- The final draft will be submitted to the local planning authority to ensure plan aligns with national and local planning policy
- Review by Independent Auditor for approval – January 2018
- Referendum – Spring 2018
As at June 4th 2017.